Sat, Jun 05|
via Zoom Meeting
OBY "5P Girls Empowerment Program"
"5P" will Inspire and Empower!
Time & Location
Jun 05, 2021, 11:30 AM EDT – Nov 06, 2021, 12:30 PM EDT
via Zoom Meeting
About the event
This program is a five-month program consisting of five key pillars:
o Be Fearless
o Be Heard
o Be Motivated
o Be Mindful
o Be S.M.A.R.T
· Each pillar consists of two sessions to be held two times per month (Saturdays) between 11:30am – 12:30pm virtually, via zoom call. (As Covid19 restrictions improve, meeting could be changed to in-person)
· Participant requirement:
o Live in Lexington, KY or surrounding counties
o Age requirement: 13-17 years
o Access to laptop or computer, zoom capability
o Able to attend bi-weekly meetings
* June 5 (Kick-off with Parents)
* June 19th
* June 26th
* July 10th
* July 24th (Community Activity)
* July 31st
* Aug 14th
* Aug 28th
* Sept 11th
* Sept 25th
* Oct 9th
* Oct 16th (Community Activity)
* Oct 23rd
* Nov 6th (Graduation)
o Parent’s participation approval - signed permission slip
o Participants will be given a Welcome Package which will be sent to their homes prior to the activity. OBY contact information will be included in the booklet. They will also receive materials to support their learnings throughout the program.
· Participants will be given assignments after each session in preparation for next session.
· Program mentors will reach out to participants on off weeks to touch base on OBY assignments and any other needs/concerns OBY can assist with.
· Community outreach activities will be scheduled 2 times within the 5-month period - July & October. All participants will be required to participate in one community activity as a requirement for graduation.
· Participants will receive special recognition for all their hard work after successful completion of each pillar / graduation
· After completion of all five pillars, a graduation ceremony will be held for all participants.
· Post-graduation, participants will be given the opportunity to mentor a Junior OBY participant.